Help to Improve Food Hygiene Score
The Food Hygiene Rating Scheme (also known as “Scores on the Doors”) helps customers choose where to eat out or shop for food. The scheme currently applies to restaurants, takeaways, cafés, sandwich shops, pubs, hotels, supermarkets and other retail food outlets, as well as other businesses where consumers can eat or buy food.
Since November 2013 the Food Hygiene Rating (Wales) Act 2013 has made it a legal requirement for food businesses in Wales to clearly display their food hygiene score where customers can see it. The Food Standards Agency is keen to extend this requirement to other parts of the UK and is currently consulting on this proposal. Failure to display your food hygiene score in Wales can lead to a fixed penalty of £200 or if prosecuted a fine of up to £1000.
A recent survey by the Food Standards Agency found that 86% of the public considered hygiene standards to be more important than price or location.... What would be the effect of a poor hygiene rating to your business?As fully qualified Environmental Health professionals with considerable experience not only as Food Hygiene Consultants but also as local authority EHO’s we are able to assist businesses in improving and maintaining their food hygiene score. If you have received a poor food hygiene score we provide the following service:
- An audit of your business by one of our fully qualified Consultants who will discuss the issues identified & provide you with an “action plan” to address any shortcomings
- Assist you in updating your documentation where necessary
- If appropriate assist you in appealing the food hygiene score given
- Assist you in arranging for a re-visit from your local EHO to re-score your business
- Regular food hygiene audits & inspections to ensure you maintain legal compliance
- On-going support packages including regular audits, support & advice
- Fully accredited Food Hygiene Training
- Assistance with documentation including HACCP preparation, SFBB records and implementation of our easy to use “Safe, Legal & Compliant”© Food Safety Management System
- Reactive service including Expert Evidence & Reports and liaison with Enforcement Authorities.