Fire Risk Assessments
As an employer, landlord or responsible person you have legal responsibilities regarding fire safety to your employees, tenants, visitors and other relevant persons. The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 requires all “Responsible Persons” to undertake a fire risk assessment on the premises or buildings for which they have responsibility. The Fire Risk Assessment is now the starting point for all fire safety as it assesses the risks, fire safety precautions and procedures in force in the premises against established standards and guidance. Fire Risk Assessments are now required for the following premises:
- Offices and Shops
- Care homes & Nursing homes
- Pubs, Clubs and Restaurants
- Community Halls, Village Halls, Scout Halls etc
- Places of Worship
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO’s)
- Hotels and Hospitals
- Factories, Warehouses and Industrial Units
- All non domestic premises including those used by the self employed.
- Holiday cottages, Guest Houses and Bed & Breakfast Establishments.
As fire safety is a complex and highly specialised field, all Fire Risk Assessments and associated services are undertaken through our skilled and highly experienced Associate Fire Safety Consultants. All Associates are subject to rigorous quality assurance procedures to ensure our clients receive the high level of service and client care expected from Orion.As part of our quality assurance process and for client reassurance all Associate Fire Safety Consultants meet the following criteria:
- Membership of the Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE) and/or
- Membership of the Institute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM)
- Have extensive experience both in fire fighting and as a Fire Safety Inspecting Officers
- Are covered by both Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance.